Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Collection

These polishes were provided to me by Zoya for my honest review.

H-E-L-L-O!!!

I have missed y'all so much!  So just to let you guys know what I have been up to for the past few months, I will give you a bit info about my day-to-day life!  As some of you may know, I started a new job back in September.  My postings slowed down a bit at that time, but I was able to keep up with the weekly Twinsie Tuesday posts.  However, in January, the spring semester started and with my classes and the new job just became overwhelming on top of my daily to-do list!  I apologize for dropping off the grid and going MIA, but I really do appreciate y'all sticking around!  Let me tell you, I really missed swatching and blogging!

So today's post is all about Zoya's PixieDust Collection!  Let's take a look at these gorgeous polishes!

Dahlia is a black-based polished with silver micro glitters disbursed through out.  I love the look of dark polishes on my nails, but I don't wear them too often because I feel they are a bit too bold for work.  I had a ton of fun wearing this polish over the weekend!  Dahlia is a great polish to rock when you are feeling super edgy!  With a top coat, Dahlia reminds me a bit of Zoya Storm but minus the holographic sparkle!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a thick coat of Seche Vite)

Chyna is a gorgeous holiday red with micro red glitters.  Even though this polish was released as a spring color, I think Chyna will be perfect for fall and the winter holidays!  This polish is an embodiment sassy and sexy!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a thick coat of Seche Vite)

Next up is London.  London i s a beautiful foggy grey polish with silver micro glitters.  From this polish on in this collection, the colors are muted!  I LOVE muted shades!  I love the name too, London...fog!  Haha!  For some reason April showers come to mind with this polish!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a coat of Seche Vite)

Godiva is a light beige polish with, again, silver micro glitters.  I think this polish is perfect for work and any day you feel like a natural look, but with tons of texture!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a coat of Seche Vite)

Nyx is a gorgeous periwinkle based polish with silver micro glitters.  This shade is so pretty for spring and perfect for a subtle pop of color on your nails against this year's spring trend of black and white!  I am not too big of a blue polish gal, but a shade like this is too pretty to pass up!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a coat of Seche Vite)

Last in this collection is Vespa!  Vespa is a springy light sage color with, yes, silver micro glitters!  I love the name of this polish too!  I can totally envision a Vespa in this shade!  This polish would be super gorgeous to pair with a lacy top or floral print!

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight)

(direct sunlight with a coat of Seche Vite)

Well, there you have it, the Zoya PixieDust Collection!  I love all of these polishes, and I think they are gorgeous for spring!  The darker shades (Dahlia, Chyna, and London) all required two coats, and Godiva, Nyx, and Vespa all required three coats!  The texture on all of them was prominent for me except for Vespa.  The PixieDust formulation felt similar to sandpaper, but not sharp...if that makes sense!  These are the first textured polishes I have tried, and I really do like this trend!!  I think all of the polishes are also gorgeous when you add a top coat!  I used one thick coat of Seche Vite for all, and the result was also super pretty!  What a bonus, it is like having two polishes in one!!

The PixieDust Collection can be purchased here!  The individual polishes are $9 each or $54 for the sampler!

These products were provided to me for my honest review!  Thanks, Zoya!

7 comments:

  1. How did I not comment on this before! >.<
    I love these!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me with any tips about how you made your blog look this cool , Id be thankful!
    jeux de amour

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in love with ALL of them. especially the last color looks lovely

    ReplyDelete